Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Building Epic Expressions of Capitalism

There I said it..... I suppose the point of art is to ask more questions so The Waterfalls project has got me going. Elliasson's propose for the project is to bring New Yorkers closer to to the river, But when I lived here I was close to river all the time. I walked over the bridge almost everyday, many summer evenings were spent getting ice cream at the pier and alot of holidays we would go to the edge for fireworks. So I have to say that although I went twice to view them before I put my hat into the opinion ring... I feel very removed from the river because of the project....very New Yorkish that you have to get on a boat (pay more money) to really see the events. It kind of makes me sad. I miss those goofy orange gates in Central Park.....

No comments: