Saturday, May 1, 2010

building General Grant's legacy.....

For the past 10 months or so I have been obsessed with General Ulysses S. Grant as well as his wife Julia Grant. I have done a number of projects where they are the catalysts for ideas. This week I finished one phase. This is a love seat commissioned by the Ulysses S. Grant Association (funded by a Art Incentive Grant from MSU) that describes through embroidered maps (by me!) the military movements through Mississippi during the Civil War. This piece will be joined by another "map chair" later in the summer. It will be carried over to the Grant Association reading room in the morning.


2 comments:

Sara said...

this did come out well- I love seeing the detail when I click on the image-when both chairs are installed it would be fun to see them 'in situ'..

swayze said...

wow! that is fantastic!